SVP follows a rigorous review process with the nonprofit applicants by evaluating proposals and conducting site visits.
SVP believes that stronger management, systems, and infrastructure result in nonprofit organizations that are more effective in their program and service delivery. To achieve this, we give more than money. We build long-term strategic relationships with our Investees in which we provide high-level volunteer assistance, in addition to philanthropic dollars, to meet the distinct needs of each Investee. Nonprofit organizations seeking investment from SVP are encouraged to browse our website to learn more about us.
For 2013, SVP is focused on the area of education for children at risk. Qualified organizations:
- Have an executive director and board receptive to SVP’s involvement.
- Will benefit not only from the financial investment but also from the personal and professional expertise of our partners.
- Are stable and ready to move to the next level, yet need some assistance.
- Are innovative and offer unique programming.
- Have broad community appeal.
- Have staffing levels appropriate to implement capacity building efforts.
- Are engaged in improving educational opportunities for children in economically at-risk populations.
- Measure their outcomes to define success.
Is this your organization? Are you ready to proceed? Great! Here’s how:
June 11 or July 12: Attend one of the orientation forums to learn more about how the SVP partnership works either on June 11, 10:30 – noon or June 12, 1 - 2:30 p.m. If you have attended a SVP orientation previously or you are familiar with SVP, you can skip this presentation and move on to writing your letter of intent.
July 5: Submit your letter of intent electronically to email@example.com no later than midnight July 5, 2013. In the subject line indicate: SVP Cincinnati Investment Committee. Within your letter, which should not exceed three pages in length and should be on organizational letterhead, it is important that you include all the following information:
- Your organization’s name, address, telephone, website, Chief executive name, contact person, year 501(c)3 status was granted, and the organization’s annual budget amount.
- Summary of your organization’s mission, goal, history and geographic service area.
- Summary of major accomplishments during the past 3-5 years.
- Brief and specific description of how your organization expects to grow its capacity as a result of a partnership with SVP.
- Brief description of how SVP’s unrestricted funding will be used to further your mission.
August: Semi-Finalists will be notified and will be asked to submit a full proposal, not more than five pages in length. More details will be shared at that time.
September: Site visits will be conducted with the semi-finalists.
October: Three organizations will be asked to present to our partnership.
November: These three finalists will present before our entire partnership and will be notified about the outcome the next day. Then the real work begins!
Please contact Joan Kaup with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!